Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ For ParentsFAQ For Teachers
FAQ For Parents:
What is The Brainery, Inc.?
The Brainery is the way for you to find online classes and courses for your children and you! We provide an online space for certified educators to offer their classes and courses to you. We support you, your student, and the teacher to make sure that all goes well and everyone is delighted!
How do we join a class?
Enrollment is a breeze! Simply find the class that you want, add it to your cart, and complete the registration and checkout procedures. When you register, you will be asked for the age of the participant. All classes have an age range; only students within that age range may enroll and participate. Once you complete checkout, you will receive an email confirmation of your enrollment and further instructions for joining the class once it starts. If a class is listed as full, we cannot offer more spaces. However, we encourage you to reach out to the teacher to request another session!
What is your refund policy?
The Brainery will refund if you cancel 3 days prior to the start of class. If you cancel within 3 day or less of the start of class, a partial refund will be given. For courses with multiple class sessions, each teacher determines if individual class sessions can be made up. A video recording can be provided.
What is required for participation?
Most classes require a computer with a microphone and video recorder and Internet access. General requirements are listed in the class description, along with any unique needs (such as a ukulele!).
How does the teacher teach?
Most teachers use Zoom to provide live, online classes. Some also incorporate other applications and technology. Each teacher is unique, and each class is unique! General information is provided in the class description, as well as what is required for the class.
Who are your teachers?
Our teachers are state certified educators with years of teaching experience. We verify teaching credentials prior to approving a teacher to market their classes on the Brainery website. Additionally, we complete a social security background check on each teacher.
My child has unique learning needs. Can he/she participate?
ABSOLUTELY! One of our founding principles at The Brainery is positive inclusion! We value all learners, and believe that there is a place for each of us at The Brainery! If you or your child has accommodation needs, please reach out to the teacher and also email@example.com
. We will do our best to make this a positive learning opportunity!
FAQ For Teachers:
What is The Brainery, Inc.?
The Brainery is the way for you to market your own online classes and courses for children ages 8-18 and adults! We provide an online space for certified educators to offer your classes and courses to a diverse audience of learners. We support you, your students, and parents to make sure that all goes well and everyone is delighted!
What does The Brainery offer teachers?
We can offer you:
- Freedom to teach what you love. While you are not required to teach solely within your certification area, you ARE required to teach with passion and commitment (two qualities teachers have in abundance!).
- Freedom to teach at your schedule. Lessons are delivered using online video, and are at the times and days that you choose. Classes can be one session, or courses that are delivered over several sessions. It is up to you!
- Freedom to earn what you are worth! You set the cost per class or course. Tuition is entirely your choice! The Brainery, Inc. charges a 30% fee to cover our costs, and the rest is paid to you via Paypal once your class is complete.
- Motivated students that are eager to learn! Our students are here because they want to be here, and you decide how many students can be in your class.
- The Brainery, Inc. provides support to your students, their parents, and you. We will promote your classes and make sure that all goes smoothly.
How do I get started offering my classes at The Brainery?
We are excited that you want to offer classes at The Brainery! The first step is to complete the contact form at Teachers, Offer Your Classes
. We will reply with next steps.
What can I teach?
At The Brainery, you choose what you teach, when you teach it. While you are not required to teach within your certification area, you are expected to comply with our Class Rules and offer classes that you LOVE teaching.Find a Class